This is going to be long and possibly boring, so unless you're really interested in all the details of how we met, I'd suggest you just skip this post. Chris and I first met last summer. I had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and needed a friend. Chris was looking up old friends on Myspace, and he came across my profile (http://www.myspace.com/miriamhardy), and, surprisingly, thought I was cute. So he sent me a message. :) (We both agree that he was guided by the spirit that day. That fact that he somehow stumbled across my profile out of so many, and that he actually sent me a message (that soo isn't like him!) and I responded, was just so unlikely.) Now, you have to understand that I had been constantly bombarded by lewd and dirty messages from creeps since the first day I joined Myspace. I was so sick and tired of it, and was expecting just another creepy guy pretending to be nice. But when I read that message from Chris... it felt different. So I replied. I never would have guessed that he was going to be the man I would marry. :) After we exhanged some general info and I decided that he wasn't a crazy psychopath, we really started talking. I mean, 3-4 emails a day, and if those emails were written out on paper, they would probably be 4-5 pages long, front and back! We went back and forth for a few days, and after about a week, I felt like we were fast friends. (I remember feeling so excited to get another email from him so I could learn more about him. I soaked up those emails like a sponge!) So we decided to meet. We had talked about dating versus being friends, and decided we'd try it out and see where it lead. I knew (and I hope he did, too) that even if it didn't work out, we would still be friends. Maybe even best friends. I thought he was so cool. ^_^ I think we had decided on a time to meet, but I wanted to see him beforehand. So I drove to his house with my friend and my niece (backup, you understand), and stood outside for like 20 minutes trying to get up enough courage to knock on his door. I finally convinced myself to go to his door. When he opened it I could tell he was totally surprised to see me. He let us in, though, and we kind of sat there in silence while me and my friend and my niece just tried not to giggle. lol We decided to go to the library after a few minutes, though, so we could hang for a few minutes in a more public place. We met at the library, and I showed him one of my favorite books. We went and checked out, and then he had to go home. It wasn't a very long meeting, but that was ok, because I was super nervous! :) We were both very excited about the possibility of a relationship with each other, and set up some more times when we could meet. The next time we hung out was at the end of June. Chris came over to pick me up, and we just went for a drive. I was a little nervous still, but although there were some periods of silence, they weren't awkward. And while I was listening to him talk, I distinctly remember getting a feeling that I knew him from somewhere. Just this feeling of familiarity, like we knew each other already (like maybe we knew each other in the premortal life?). It felt like I had found a long lost friend.. And things just took off from there. :) Our next date was at the temple. Chris and I and my friend Ashlyn all went to hang out at the Visitor's Center. We watched the movie, "One Fold and One Shepherd," I think. And while we were watching it, oh boy! were we aware of each other! lol I don't mean to sound disrespectful or sound like we didn't care about the movie, but we were sitting in the dark next to each other and it was soooo exciting! I wanted to just touch him so badly, just to see what his hand felt like.. So I put my hand on the arm rest and kind of turned my palm up.. *hint hint* ;) lol And when he grabbed my hand I was so incredibly nervous and happy and excited and tense that I totally almost lost it. If we hadn't of been at the temple, I'm sure I would have squealed or at least started giggling uncontrollably. :) After the movie we walked around the grounds a little bit and just held hands. It was absolutely wonderful. <3> The next day we went to see "Transformers" on it's opening night. We considered that our first "official date." We had to wait in line for hours, so we talked and laughed and got a chance to learn more about each other. A few days later, on the 4th of July, I think, we decided to be officially together. It seemed pretty fast, and our families told us it was, but it just felt right. We went on many more dates, and just about 3 weeks later, I went with Chris to his family reunion in Idaho. That is pretty fast, huh? ^_^ But I'd never been so sure of anything in my entire life. Chris was the one. By the end of August, we knew we wanted to be married. Chris proposed to me in Payson on my birthday (November 20th), and now, almost a year later, we're finally tying the knot. :) It's hard to believe it's actually happening. I am so in love, and have never been happier.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey I'm so glad I got to read this I just found out you had a blog! I just squealed with delight. You two are so perfect for eachother!
Post a Comment