Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Newlyweds!




We're finally married!!!!!!! :D I know we've been married almost 2 months now, but we've been sooo busy (*wink wink*) that I haven't had a chance to post anything new. Sorry!

Anyways, the wedding was absolutely wonderful. Of course, I was running late getting ready (lol), but we got to the temple in time to get a bunch of good pictures before the ceremony (our photographer and friend, Brian Slade, is incredible - I'll let his work speak for itself: sladephotography.blogspot.com). The ceremony was absolutely beautiful -all our family and close friends were there to share in the moment I was sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity. When we got out of the temple, we took sooooooo many more pictures! My cheeks were killing me! You can only smile for so long. lol We had the reception at my stake center, and at first had a few minutes to mingle and take more pictures. Then we had to get in line so people could start formally congratulating us. It was actually pretty fast and relatively painless. :) Then we did our first dance (people weren't even watching, which was fine by us), and the daddy-daughter dance, which was a little bit awkward, but I'm so glad for. I love my daddy! Then we danced a little more, me dancing slow dances with my love and also the little boys from my class at Field Elementary, and some fun fast dances with my bridesmaids. They're party animals!! :) Then I threw the bouquet, which I guess was the wrong one to throw. No one ever told me I had a different bouquet for tossing! lol We then cut the cake, and fed it delicately and politely to each other amongst boos and protests. I told Chris that if he shoved it in my face, he would most definitely pay. :) We barely had a chance to sneak in some of the delicious food between pictures and dancing and talking, and then we left to go to our apartment. Chris' brothers filled our car with about a bazillion purple balloons and condoms. hahaha Then we drove off to live happily ever after. All in all, it was a perfect day. It was definitely a whirlwind, and I think I was in shock, but it was fun.

Now we're living very very happily in our little one-bedroom apartment with our two kitties. Things are barely starting to wind down (there is soooo much post-wedding stuff to do!!), although I still need to write thank you notes. *embarrassed smile* Chris and I are still working, and are going to try and apply for grants - we figure we're poor enough now to qualify for some. Chris wants to go back to school for computer science, and I still don't know what I want to do. But we do want to go back, contrary to what some people think. :) We apologize to everyone we've shut out - we're a little starry-eyed still. ^_^

So anyways, we're leading a blissfully poor, simple life right now, and we're loving it. Marriage is the most wonderful thing. <3

No comments:

Fart Face