So nothing really exciting has happened worth noting, but our blog isn't getting much attention, so I figured I needed to add something. So. School gets out on May 21st. I (Miriam) work at an elementary school, so that's my last day of work. I couldn't find any summer work at the schools or camps, but luckily (or not so luckily, depending on your point of view), I got a job at Maids on the Spot starting the 25th. I'm really not looking forward to it (imagine cleaning 2-4 houses a day that are so big they have their own airplane hanger in the garage!!), but it's honest work, right? And with the economy, I'm lucky to find any job. Plus, this one does pay fairly well. So I'm glad.
Chris and I both applied for grants and are just waiting to see if we got them. *crosses fingers* I've already signed up for classes full-time, and I'm getting a few scholarships ready to turn in also. As of right now, I'm going for an Associate in Arts, Elementary Education so I can transfer to ASU to do a special ed program. I'm still not sure I want to be a teacher, but I really really love working with children (especially special ed ones! :) and I admit, I've dreamt of what my own classroom would look like. ^_^ So we'll see. I'm excited to start school again. I want to learn!! Chris is going for a degree in Computer Science, and is very excited, too. And I'll let you in a little secret... After we have our degrees, we wanna move out of Arizona! :) Both of us despise the desert, and we're ready for some rain, some coolness, and some GREEN! So that's our dream.
That's basically it. We're just working and getting ready to go to school. And we're hermits. :)
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment